Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fried Quinoa

I've been craving quinoa this week. After cooking it, I usually add any combination of Himalayan pink sea salt, lemon juice and black or kidney beans. Yesterday I decided to jazz it up a little bit and make fried quinoa, similar to asian fried rice. I made fried brown rice in the past, so I just went off of memory. I don't own a wok, so I took a large skillet with olive oil and turned the heat up high. Once the oil was sizzling I added the cooked quinoa, sesame oil, and gluten-free soy sauce to taste. I cooked it long enough to warm up the quinoa and let the oil and sauce absorb, just a few minutes. I learned from my fried brown rice experience that frying the rice too long makes it hard. At the end I added some fresh baby spinach and leftover cooked chicken andouille sausage. It turned out great. Very flavorful, light yet filling. It was a nice treat since I really like Thai fried rice and this way I get the benefits of quinoa. 


No comments: