Sunday, March 2, 2014

A New Veggie

During one of my Whole Foods trips, I noticed white asparagus which I've never seen before. This week my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to try it. I googled it and learned it has the same nutritional benefits of green asparagus including vitamins A and C. It is white since it is not exposed to sunlight during growth which makes it more tender. White asparagus is also considered a delicacy in Europe. I roasted it in the oven at 350 degrees with olive oil, Himalayan sea salt and lemon juice for about 20 minutes. I found the flavor to be very similar to green asparagus. The white asparagus had a slightly more mild flavor and slightly sweet. I wish I also had green asparagus as I would have loved to do to a side by side flavor comparison. I would definitely try this again. I'm also excited to discover a new veggie.


No comments: