Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Collard Greens

Last week I ordered a side of kale from Busboys and Poets but they had collard greens instead that day. I grew up eating collard greens so that was fine with me and they were delicious. As I was eating them, I began wondering if I could make collard green chips. I hear so much about the benefits of kale and I love it in any form, especially in chip form, but collards are also a dark leafy green that I'm sure are full of benefits. As I researched collards on google, I found collards are high in calcium, vitamins A, K, iron and the list goes on and they can also can be made into chips. I decided to try it. The collard greens were easy to clean and prepare since they have large flat leaves. I cooked them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. They taste the same as kale chips but have a little bit more of a bite due to the thicker leaves. See the pics below. 





No comments: