Sunday, February 16, 2014

Next Phase

Now that I have the basics on eating vegetables and whole grains in addition to avoiding the foods that I'm sensitive to, I want to start focusing on portion control and exercise.  I've been curious about the new Shaun T workout, T25. It is an intense workout in 25 minutes including cardio and toning. When I workout, I usually do the basic elliptical machine or a Pilates class here or there but I see T25 as a workout that could transform my body. I've completed 3 workouts doing the modified version of the moves. I find it to be fun (after it's over :-) ) but just long enough so I'm not bored or giving up.

I've also started having the nutritional supplement called Shakeology.  Shakeology is created by the company Beachbody which produces the workout videos P90X, Insanity and T25.  It's a natural, gluten-free supplement in powder form that provides vitamins, nutrition, digestive enzymes and probiotics in one shake so I don't have to take a multiple supplements. I will still take an omega 3 and vitamin d separately. Previously I was taking nine supplements so I'm hoping this will be a good way scale that down. So far I've found that it curbs cravings and gives me energy.  I have the vegan chocolate version, it tastes ok but it has an after taste similar to artificial sweeteners. It has stevia in it which I've never had but I assume that's what I'm tasting. I was mixing it with water but decided it tastes better with orange juice.  I have a month supply so I will decide in a few weeks whether or not it's a keeper.

No comments: